Demi Pair(Part-time Au Pair) Gold Coast in Australia
Demi Pair is a part-time Au Pair, normally on 12 months Working Holiday Visa or Student Visa. You can study English at I.W.H.P from around 9:00 am to 14:00 pm daily. You live with an Australian family and provide 20 hours of work per week in exchange for their accommodation and meals.
Including accommodation and meals for $75 per week
Become a DemiPair and save over $2,000 on rent and food bills! Just as an example:
- Homestay: per week cost about AUS $ 250 and a family environment, accommodation and two meals a day (breakfast and dinner).
- Renting and sharing accommodation (house or apartment): per week costs about $160 per bedroom,(food and bills NOT included) and no family environment.
- Demi-pair per week costs about AUS $ 75 with a family environment, accommodation and 3 meals a day while helping with housework and looking after their children.
The DemiPairs can work for up to 20 hours per week and provide the following help to the families:
- Helping with children in the morning, after school and at dinner and bath times.
- Assisting with cleaning and housework.
- Cleaning and tidying children’s rooms.
- Assisting with meal preparation and feeding young children.
- Reading stories and playtime.
- Babysitting during the week.
Who can become a Demi Pair??
A DemiPair is not a fully qualified nanny. You will provide assistance to the parents, sharing housework and child-minding duties as required. The DemiPairs range from 18 to 30 years old, but generally are in their early 20s.
- Age: Over 18
- Love children
- Happy to help with house-work, including laundry and cleaning.
- Outgoing, active, responsible and friendly.
- Working Holiday Visa or Tourist visa*
- 3 months of stay or more.
What are the good points of Demi Pair?
- No experience required. You don’t need a high English Level.
- Only 20 Hours Per Week Assisting the Family
- Private Room & 3 Meals Per Day
- Daytime weekly and Free Time on Weekends (Meals are included on Weekends as well)
(Monday – Friday)
Morning start from 7.00am
-Prepare children’s breakfast and assist with packing lunches
– Assist children with a brushing of teeth & hair, dressing and getting in car
– General tidy up of the kitchen after breakfast including stacking dishwasher & wiping benches
Free Time 8:00-4.00(Study English at I.W.H.P)
Afternoon start from 4.00pm
– Fold/ iron washing & put away in cupboards
– Empty all bins and replace bag liner
– Assist with bathing & dressing children
– Play with children
– Clear table after dinner & assist with tidying kitchen
– Supervise children with teeth cleaning/toilet, ready for bed
– General tidy up of toys
Who will are the families?
Our families are all interviewed and selected for their suitability. All placements are monitored by I.W.H.P; participating families are well-informed and welcome International students into their homes. The family will do everything they can to ensure their DemiPair feels safe and comfortable.